Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Night By Elie Wiesel

At last, it is done, i think i feel relief just like Elie did in his story!, this was just agony for me, i had nightmares at leas once i remember, I was running and there were gunshots. every day was so weird because i could not wait to get to my reading, even when i knew my heart hurt so much, many times i thought to myself, why did was not made up? why did it really happen? and also many times i wished i was there to help them or perhaps to meet Hitler and slap him a couple of times. why did he dare do that? who did he think he was? How can anyone be so evil?

I did not want for Elie's dad to die and i know he did not want him to die either, but they were so close to the end, so close, on the part where the SS oficer hit him in the head i got so mad, more then ussual, i think it was because i still had hope that he was going to make it, he took so much! I can just imagine the guilty feeling that Ellie has in his heart, i think that all feel ings are strong but the strongest one of them all is guilt, it is something that controls your thoughts and actions and mind, it is something that unless you correct your error or fault you can never outlive it. I wish that he can understand that things just happened and it was out of his control, I was glad to read that Ellie still does thank and acknowledge God, i knew it he did not loose his faith, I am so glad and I know that his dad would be really proud of him. Throught out the reading of the story, i felt bad and my hear hurt, but at the end, i did cry, i cried because it was just so unfair. There is nothing i can do about this but to pray for all of them, the survivors, the dead, the abusers..

Ellie is so right! he talks about not lettingijustice occur, it happens day after day and some of us do nothing about it, i loved it when he said that he has no freeedom unless others had it too. I might be able to help Peru or other countries but i can make a difference in what surrounds me, there are many oppressors in life they could be across the street from us, we have to take courange and speak out for those who have to voice. Like Elie says Neutrality helps the oppressor never the victim. Many times we do not interfere with injustice and we excuse ourselfs with " it not my business" or "it does not hurt me so who cares" and this is exacttly what many Germans and other people said about the holocaust. and look how far it went.

1 comment:

debwrite said...

I love the part where you say that you may not be able to help anyone in Peru, but you can have an effect in your own little world (or something like that!). This is so true. Hopefully reading this memoir has accomplished the first step: making us aware of the injustices and hate that permeate the world. This is a truly powerful memoir that just might help us make a difference. Lit. language?? 5/6