Thursday, July 17, 2008

Death of a salesman By Arthur Miller

The first act introduces us to the protagonist of this story, Linda, Biff, and Happy, and we also met Willy which is the antagonist of this story who is Willy, The setting is in Willy's house and in the kitchen for the most part! also in the backyard on Willy's flashbacks.

I think that Willy is so mean to LInda, and i really think that Linda is so dumb to allow him to treat her like this. It is really ironic how Willy wants the boys to respect and help LInda out but then treats her so bad himself. I loved the part where Biff, stands up for his mom after Willy screams at her, but i hated the part where instead of thanking Biff, Linda, defends Willy. I seems to me that Willy is loosing his self, always dreaming of something else and Linda is the only one that tries to understand him and be there for him. I do not think that the boys don't love Willy but they do not have the patience tha Linda has.

Hapy seems to be the boys that is always ignored, even with Willy's flashback we see how Happy is trying to show Willy his muscles and they just ignore him. My mom was never like this she had 5 girls and she always made sure that she gave us all the time that we needed, i have no idea how she did it but i thank her for doing so. I got to read how Willy takes so much importance to Biff being popular, his looks and the fact that he is well liked instead of his studies. I know people like this in real life, actually there are many people like this, i think that it is necessary to understand that beauty and looks fade away with time but a well educated and intelligent mind goes long ways. Throught act one, we are also introduced throught the fact that Willy and Biff do not get along with eachother, the secret is not revealed in this part yet. As i mentiones above my mom did a great job keeping our family together inconditionally, our family is nothing like Willy's. we do not scream at each other or fight and never, ever would we dislike my dad. I think it is sad when family bonds are broken because a broken family affects everyone. a broken family, break the community and a broken community break the unity of a state and so on. unti it brakes the unity of the world.

1 comment:

debwrite said...

Great analysis, and I like the way that you contrasted the Loman family with yours. You are blessed, indeed!
6/6